Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Windham Wednesdays - Chocolate!!


Addison Collection by Nancy Gere
More of the Addison Collection
Today is August 1 and this Addison Collection is due in quilt shops today. What a luscious grouping. Pink is my absolute favorite color and chocolate - well, one of my favorite foods. What a great combination, huh? What are my plans?  The Garden Maze block is actually a sashing connector in a quilt featured in my 2012 Quilter's Block a Day Calendar. I want to use it with those beautiful pinks and then use that brown with pink dots somewhere in there. Stay tuned: I can't do it until I get back from teaching in Pittsburgh this weekend. What a fun project to look forward to.

You can see all of the swatches at the Windham Fabrics Fabric Gallery. Visit their blog, Snippets to see the quilt by Nancy Gere as shown below. All I can say, I want to sew NOW!

Addison Quilt at Spring Quilt Market 2012

Garden Maze Block
I will share a step by step lesson on how to make this block any size, no templates, just squares cut into triangles and then put some strips in there. But it will have to wait until next week. Until then, go visit the Sew We Quilt web site to see all the "Think Christmas" blocks. So many ideas, so little time.



4 comments:

  1. I love love love pinks and browns, love them :) Can't wait to sew something wonderful with these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that whole era of fabrics, and while pink is my least favorite color, still I love it with brown! Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabrics. Pink and chocolate with a little cafe au lait! I'm not a fan of either pink or brown, but would love a quilt made with these color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that block and the colors are lucious. I am a chocolate fan, but I think I like the dark choc bars the best

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com