Honeybell Ensemble

Monday is here and I like showing some new things made with Blank Fabrics. It's a collection called Honeybell.

I received some small pieces and made myself think beyond a quilt.

Everyone needs a pillowcase each night and why not something extra special with a ruffle and print hem? I removed the hem from a purchased pillowcase and replaced it with a print, adding a ruffle between the case and hem. Very, very girlie and certainly can dress up any bedroom decor.


Made a ruffle
Adding hem to ruffle and pillowcase
Regular pillowcase with ruffle and new hem

Trimmed a small hand towel
 Turned edges under, topstitched on the towel and then put binding along the sides.
Why not make a purse?
 I took the handles off of a purchased purse, copied the dimensions, cut two 12" x 20 rectangles, quilted the layers (using Warm & Natural batting) and then put it all together. Now that I have the hang of it, I think I'll make some changeable units. The handles slide off easily and the 2" cuff folds down over the top, hiding that seam.
Purse close up
Oh, but wait. I DID make a quilt. What was I thinking? This features one of my super-sized paper pieced birdhouses called "Home Tweet Home." You can find this and 9 other upsized paper pieced birdhouses in my Big Birdhouse Bonanza set!

Home Tweet Home Birdhouse Mini Quilt

Comments

  1. All the things you made are beautiful! Thank you for sharing.
    Ani
    QBTS - Wilmington, NC

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com