Saturday, December 15, 2012

Birdhouse, Stars & Frenzied Sewing

Time for the December birdhouse, Room for One. You can find the 3 previous paper pieced birdhouse patterns (free) on the Birdhouse Quilt Along page.
Room for One Birdhouse - 6" x 10"
Click here for the pdf pattern: Room for One Birdhouse Pattern

I was "shopping" last Sunday at my church for gifts such as pregnant goats, heifers, chickens and other animals you don't even have to take care of. I bought a pregnant goat for my sister (please don't tell her - her house is too small and she doesn't have much grass in the back yard). This was through CCH (Community Coalition for Haiti) and I so enjoy doing this each year. Why shop at Macy's for another fancy blouse when you can provide a livelihood for a poor family in a third world country. I made a bee line for a set of two pot holders and I scooped them up for my daughter Hilary who loves to cook (doesn't take after her mom) and only has 2 raggedy potholders (but that's like her mom).

Two potholders made by a pastor's wife in Haiti (CCH)
What else did I sew this frantic, busy week? Three table runners, one of which is also for Hilary, but since she doesn't follow this blog, I'm safe!

First, the 3 hot pads from leftover blocks. These are from the Bella Collection by Windham Fabrics. You can see dozens and dozens of projects made with this Bella Collection on the Windham Pinterest page.

Aren't these awesome? The Bella Collection by Windham Fabrics

See this Bella post for how to make these simple blocks
 OK, now for the awesome table runner. No swirly quilting for this; my girls (adults, OK) like simple, Ikea, minimalist treatment to their decorating items. So, I used the walking foot on my Pfaff and used only straight lines to quilt this. I love it!

More blocks from the Bella Collection by Windham Fabrics
You've got to see the awesome projects made with these fabrics at the Windham Fabrics Pinterest page dedicated to Loretta Jansdotter's fabric designs!

More to come as I finish a few more gifts. I received two brand new collections by Blend Fabrics and I can't wait to share them. But I'm busy with Christmas preparations and don't even have my tree up (but my dear husband is out right now looking for a small tabletop tree). Hope you enjoy these items I shared!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the birdhouse pattern. I hope to get to make these after my own frenzied Christmas sewing is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the birdhouse pattern. It's a great one. I love the potholders you made. I'd be interested in how you did the edging. Was that just flip and turn and then topstitching? The table runner is beautiful and would fit with any decor, IKEA or not. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Debby i finished the other 2 birdhouses yesterday and was wondering when the next one would arrived.I just downloaded it .Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com