|Antique Midnight Sun Quilt - 70" x 85"|
|Seeing Red - 38" x 38", Block Size: 15"|
|Yes, you can have blocks with VERY SHARP POINTS!|
Here's my process, so you can see how easy - and PRECISE - foundation piecing can be:
|Select 3 fabrics; cut the rectangles for paper piecing|
|Sew on the line, following the numbering sequence. Ready to trim.|
|Notice how the lines criss-cross IN THE seams. That secures the points so they don't "unsew" when removing paper|
|Look how many I've made! Aren't they beautiful? Sharp points!|
|Four units ready to be stitched together. Yes, there's a hole in the center. I'm not done!|
1. Because of my method of trimming a patch, leaving 1/4" seam allowance BEFORE adding the next patch, it really looks like I've used templates. But you KNOW I didn't.
2. I pressed the four joining seams open; reduces the bulk.
3. It's OK to leave in the little snippets of my paper. It is pulp and won't hurt anything and will dissolve should the items be washed.
4. I covered up the center hole with a self-faced (non-fusible interfacing) circle and then machine appliqued it on using a tiny zig-zag stitch and mono-filament thread.
|Back side of the block so far|
|Front side of Midnight Sun block|
|I actually reverse appliqued the outside background piece to the center - not this way in the book!|
|366 Blocks - Go see all of them: Block a Day Calendar|
What do you have to do?
1. Tell me which version of this block you prefer. The dark blue in the antique quilt? The Seeing Red quilt. Or the pink and brown quilt.
2. Be a follower. I like to reward those who have joined my family. It doesn't cost anything and you won't miss out on the fabulous upcoming BIG blog hops and block reveals for the other quilts in my book. I DON'T SHARE YOUR INFO WITH ANYONE.
3. Please don't be a no-reply blogger. You need to check the settings in your Google account or whatever software you use. I never, ever give away my email lists to anyone (not even my fabric sponsors). There's nothing to fear. But I generally have to disqualify a few dozen comments in my contests because there is no way I can find you!