Welcome to my day on the April Showers Blog Hop, hosted by Erin at Sew Home Mummy and the ever industrious Madame Samm of Sew We Quilt. Thank you, ladies!!
Just one pic of a previous ensemble I sewed and gave away. I absolutely love the timeless combination of blue and yellow and I made this using one orphan block (the flower in the star center) and then sewed some simple cup mats and tea cozy using my own teapot appliqué.
The link for this FREE pattern to use any way you like is here: Tea Pot Applique.
(This is just for the applique patch on the tea cozy; not the whole ensemble)
|Tea Time ensemble|
1. I found it in a box, pressed it, measured it and made a curved frame out of brown fabric.
2. Using fusible webbing and then zig zag stitching, I quickly stitched it over the teapot/cup.
3. Added simple yellow borders, layered it and quilted it and then and realized I DID NOT want to add binding! So . . .
4. I pulled out my specialty rotary blade and pinked the outer edges. Do you like it?
April Showers Bring April Daffodils!
|Mug rug with fresh cut daffodils from my garden|
|Mug rug with a matching tea cup and saucer|
|3 fat quarters (Blank Quilting) PLUS 1/2 yard of a rainy day print (Westminster Fabrics)|
1. Tell me your favorite color combination, the colors you LOVE to sew with, that make you feel happy.
2. Make sure I can see your email. If you're unsure, leave it in the comments section. If I can't find you, I can't send you fabric if you win! Contest is over Monday, April 22, midnight EST (USA time).
3. Go visit the rest of the bloggers today to get inspired!