Friday, August 30, 2013

A New, Fresh Look

Remember my previous banner? The one with my Diamonds and Blooms quilt in the center?

Center of Diamonds and Blooms from Paper Piecing Perfect Points
Placed my blog title and a few extra words in the center
Then my blogging friend, Madame Samm, gently told me I needed to update that banner. From her designer's eye, that slab of white in the center of the quilt was too much. Yes, she was honest with me. I expect nothing less from friends. I don't like people to tiptoe around me. Just say what you mean; just don't be mean about it. I'm wearing my Big Girl pants!

She had one idea in mind, created it and asked me what I thought. Here is how she viewed my blog identity: I travel a lot, I use a lot of green in my quilts and she wanted folks to STOP and take notice.

Debby's travel identity!
I asked that there be some more quilts in there (as in a LOT of quilts). I absolutely love this font. She told me she DREW it - it's her authentic handwriting, can you believe it?!? And you know what? She didn't get her Big Girl panties in a wad. She actually had a backup design (and she NEVER has a backup). One with more color. That's what you see in the banner at the top of this page.

This is my Stained Glass Pickup Stix quilt, featured in my 2014 wall calendar of quilts
I like them both; it's the second one with more color that seemed to fit me a bit more (according to my husband and daughter).

Just wanted you to know the back story on my new, fresh look. Sometimes less words is more. And color always trumps words! 

Thank you, Samm! What a lovely, lovely gift.


18 comments:

  1. Hi Debby. I am really loving the new banner. It is so cheerful and so YOU. The quilt is beautiful, as always. The colors make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great although in the first banner you can see your name much better :-) Madame Samm is very talented and has an awesome eye for design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Love it. Samm does such beautiful things! Have a great banner day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welllll all of it is true...you just make me smile..yes you do...and it is soooo YOU..both of them....ONE I see you as and the other as you see YOU...wink@

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both!! But the color certainly is eye catching Do you think I could con; did I say that? persuade one for me? hmmmmmmmmmm

    LOL, very nice a deserving Debby!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. I much prefer the brighter one too. Good choice and good work Madamme Samm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh how sweet of Madame Sammy. She is a really good lady to be able to call friend. And is uber talented. And I love what she did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!!! A true friend not only lets you know when something is off, she helps you get it back on track :*) Great job Madame Samm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it! Madame Samm ALWAYS does a great job. Wish I had just an inkling of her talent and ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks fabulous too! I like the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Madam Sam did a fantastic job. I love the colors and yes it seems like you. I like the writing also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!LOVE that new banner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to come see. I like them both, but then I liked the old one, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it. It is really bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com