Christmas Vault - Day 4

One Day Lone Star - the quilt no magazine wanted to pick up!
Christmas Vault - Day 4: Debby Kratovil Quilts

Today is the FOURTH day of the Ho Ho Ho Blog Hop. And Carol (Just Let Me Quilt), along with Madame Samm of Sew We Quilt are our glorious cheerleaders.

I sewed this quilt on spec for Blank Quilting, both of us hoping a quilt magazine would pick it up for publication. No one wanted it (their loss, I say). I turned it into a very popular and successful workshop which I've taught about 10 times. There are no y-seams, only straight line sewing. We work with pre-cut strips, make diagonal 9 patch units and most students finish the center units in class.

I blogged about this same quilt (different colors) with a FREE pattern link here: Very Big Lone Star

New week; new set of bloggers. Now it's time to visit all the creative people for today's Ho Ho Ho Hop (there are way too many "h" and "o"s in there!)

August 5

Timeless Treasures is a sponsor (see details at Sew We Quilt site)


Don't forget that TOMORROW IS MY DAY. I will show off my NEW Christmas creations and have a GIVEAWAY!

Comments

  1. Debby you are so right it was their loss. It is a beautiful quilt. Do you sell the pattern for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe they didn't choose it Debby - I think it's gorgeous! Blessings, Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why they didn't choose it, it's a beautiful quilt, and no y-seams would be welcome to many quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Debby, and it is definitely their loss. The long star pattern always looks so complicated that most people don't care to tackle it. I think they would have been a lot more eager to make it after seeing yours, especially with no y seams. Too bad they didn't have the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No matter how many links I click on, I cannot get the PDF. Silly me...lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com