Twist with the 60s and Batiks Blog Hop - Day 1

Sugarloaf Jewels quilt, my first batik quilt using my Magic Stax technique
Today is the first day of the Twist with the 60s and Batiks Blog Hop.  I am digging into my Quilt Vault and sharing a batik quilt each day along with giving you the schedule of our bloggers.

The Sugarloaf Jewels quilt was made about 10 years ago, right after I discovered the beauty of batiks. I swapped 10-1/2" squares with my guild and had a pile of 24 squares that wanted to become a quilt. It is a class I've taught for years and believe it or not, we do NOT use templates. We draw a few lines on freezer paper then stack squares and cut, shuffle and then resew these back together into uniform blocks.

Sugar Loaf is a pattern I sell at my Craftsy site. (8-1/4" blocks; 53" x 62" quilt)

No templates, no bias edges. Start with 6 squares, make 5 cuts, end with 6 blocks
You can read about it here: Sugarloaf Jewels Quilt

Here are our shining stars today. Let's see what they've come up with. I bet some of them never experienced the 1960s!

September 25

Comments

  1. love the stack and slash method, have done a wallhanging, my first one in this style, just waiting to have its border on and quilting done, which I will have to do by hand as do not know how to machine quilt successfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a shining jewel of a quilt. Thanks for sharing the photo and the list of hop stops today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful use of batiks and I love how everything blends together so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. The colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt is awesome. Love the colors. When I think of batiks, I do think bright. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty Sugarloaf Jewels quilt.

    24Tangent@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com