Twist to the 60s Blog Hop - Day 7

Hearts on Fire - Cookie Cutter Series
What's in my Batiks Vault today? Yes, batiks with black. Half-hearts combine to make mirror image blocks. The first of my Cookie Cutter series. Loved making this quilt. Taught it as a workshop more times than I can remember.

Cookie Cutter Leaves. Alas, this quilt was stolen in 2005
I have several other shapes, all done with batiks. Why? Because it's raw edge applique and we don't use fusible webbing. The batiks have a wonderful high threadcount, so they don't ravel like regular quilter's cotton can.

Who's on tap for our hop today?
October 3



Comments

  1. two lovely quilts but so sad to red the second one was stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hearts are fabulous. I can't believe that someone would steal a quilt. What a shame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your quilts are lovely I am so sorry to hear about the second one. some really strange people out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE that hearts quilt Debby! You are so creative :*)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debby. I have been looking at your quilts every day and I believe that I like the Hearts quilt the best of all of them. Thank you for showing some of your beauties every day. I really enjoy seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been such fun to see your Batik creations every day! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for sharing all your batik quilts. I have enjoyed reading your posts each day and seeing all your creative projects. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are just plain fun! I understand how a person would want to steal that quilt, but not how they actually could do it. That's just wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com