Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Twist with the 60s and Blog Hop - Day 5

Coffee Filter Fans made with batik scraps
And what's in my Batiks Vault today?

Yes, you read that right. These fans were paper pieced on a coffee filter for a foundation! I have taught this class more often than I can count. I keep wanting to retire it, but it keeps getting booked. But it is fun, quick and a great way to use up strips and scraps.

Let's take a visit to those bloggers today to see what they've come up with on this trip down memory lane, twisting with batiks!



8 comments:

  1. Love this quilt. It makes me smile. Fans and batiks, how can that ever be wrong? You'll never be able to retire this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. can see why this will never be retired, it tickled me to read you use coffee filters, it half jogged a memory from C & G embroidery days when we used a filter but cannot for the life of me remember what it was for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering do you have written instructions for this pattern? I would gladly purchase it from you. I would love to have you come and teach the class but I think it would be a little far. I live in northern Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was fortunate to take this class a few years ago from you, Debby. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it - It always seems like the photographs of it NEVER do justice to the actual piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With every quilt you pull from the vault, my awe for you grows!! You must have a very big vault, can i raid it???!! Lol babscorbitt@ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a very pretty quilt. I love the fans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally understandable; it's a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors in the quilt. Of course it keeps getting booked!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com