Windham Wednesdays - and more of the Batiks Hop

Arrowheads Quilt using Windham Fabrics batiks
Today is Day 6 of the batiks hop. Windham Fabrics created a wonderful line of batiks about 2 years ago and I received one of every single color. What fun. I used them to create this new pattern and template set I call Arrowheads. Making a two color quilt is fun.

But before I give you the list of bloggers for today's hop, I wanted to show you a new fabric line called Downtown. Windham sent me a charm pack of the 21 fabrics. Can you really do something with just a few 5" squares? Of course! I never met a fabric I didn't like. These would appeal to the younger quilter who is coming into the quilt world through the modern quilting movement. I'm sure you can see why . . .

More hexies on their way to a few blocks
These are 2" hexagons. I have a plan to either stitch them into 3 single lines of 7 hexies each or something with added solids. Then I will applique them to a neutral fabric background. For now, they sit and whisper to me: "Hey, we want to become somebody, please?" Stay tuned to see what they will be when they grow up!

And today's bloggers are:

Comments

  1. Sometimes I think a 2 color quilt is harder to make than multicolor. But when I make one it turns out beautiful I love the way yours turned out. Really love those colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a nice colors and they have the most wonderfull shape The Hexagon. I like colors in a quilt, Bright and lots of colors,

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh i just love this quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cookie cutter. So interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both the old and the new. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com