Monday, June 23, 2014

Christmas in (Almost) July

Winter Tidings Collection by Blank Quilting
 Yes, it's true: fabric companies release their holiday fabrics in the hot summer! But it is fun to play with such happy colors and to "see" a cardinal in the summer (which I tend to confuse with robins anyway).

This Happy Hexie Table Runner is one of my new patterns with Cut Loose Press. They are quilt shop exclusive and very affordable ($3.99)! Yes, can you believe it? I have sewn this table runner 6 times and I hope this is the last one! Now I just need to quilt it (hopefully, next week). It is going on a trip to be displayed at an Open House for quilt shop owners.

Happy Hexie Table Runner - 29" x 54"
Those hexagons are so easy to cut out using a 60 degree ruler. You really don't need a funky template. Those rulers can cut just about any size hexagon (and half-hexagons, 60 degree triangles, 60 degree diamonds, and even those 30 degree diamonds if you want to square up the sides). Truly, my favorite ruler - a work horse!

2 comments:

  1. I love Cardinals in Christmas prints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always seems so strange to see Christmas fabric in the summer. The runner looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com