Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Paper Pieced Birdhouses (and free pattern)

Set of 12 Birdhouses to paper piece
I created this set of 12 birdhouses over 10 years ago and it still is very popular with quilters. Just when I think I should mothball them, another person asks for them. So, I bundled them for sale at my Craftsy site (only $5.50 for all 12 patterns in pdf format).

Home Tweet Home Block with fussy cut "door"
I up-sized the Home Tweet Home block two years ago to make a quilt for Blank Fabrics for Spring Market. I love this little quilt with the lush blooms in the border.

In 2013 I had a Birdhouse Quilt Along, but I couldn't keep up and some folks got frustrated with me. So, I took it down!

Would you like the pattern for this block? It is 7-1/2" x 10" and easy to foundation piece.

Just click here for Home Tweet Home and piece away! Maybe you can make a holiday birdhouse. Let me know how you like it or how you plan to use it. Now that I'm home for a few months I can do more designing and get my patterns page at Craftsy up to date. I do like to offer free patterns along with those for sale. If you haven't been to my Craftsy site lately, go take a peek.

Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving weekend with family and friends.

3 comments:

  1. a great collection, foundation paper piecing is a new year resolution for me I will learn how to do it in 2015. I am finding I need to see how things are done these days, following written instructions are not as easy as they used to be! maybe something to do with age

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the free pattern and also for bringing back the set of birdhouses. It's surprising how many people love birds and birdhouses. I LOVE that you include information on cutting pieces. I know that they need to be oversized, but I never know how large to cut pieces for foundation-pieced blocks. This is very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful day here, and I hope yours was as relaxing. I never understand why people get frustrated with something that's FREE! Thank you for sharing this adorable birdhouse - love the fussy cut door. I'll have to look for just the right thing for my own!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com