Friday, February 6, 2015

Love Is In the Air

I received a batch of 1/2 yard cuts of reds from Benartex on Tuesday. I love Benartex! I've been sewing for them since my Royal Star quilt (2002). They had sent me a stack of 10" squares of Fossil Ferns and combined with plain black, the star was born. (free pattern link below)

Fabulous reds from Benartex Fabrics
Now, I'm thinking hearts (Valentine's Day is coming up!) Come back on Tuesday February 10 and there will be an awesome tutorial of my Hearts on Fire block and the pattern for the whole quilt! I've never GIVEN AWAY this pattern, but I'm feeling the LOVE and will share it with everyone!

I shared a picture of that quilt HERE

I'll be sharing how I made it with Benartex batiks. They are gorgeous!

And that Royal Star quilt? It's still a FREE PATTERN. And there's a tutorial on how to paper piece those blocks. See? I still feel the love!

Royal Star Quilt
Yes, I really do. I love my devoted followers who enjoy my patterns and quilts. I pass on all your delightful and kind comments to the quilts in the closets. It keeps them from insurrection and mutiny (I hear them whispering from time to time: "Why does she keep us up here? Let's break out!")

I will be doing something with those reds. I still have 3 weeks left in February, right?


12 comments:

  1. I have a thing for apple prints - and the polka dots. Look forward to seeing what you do with this lovely pile of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've become enchanted with polka dots lately...don't know why, a phase I'm going through I guess ! You have this red, the Mimosa and a batiks surprises about to be revealed....looking forward to all of these surprises !

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes pitter-patter for those reds. My favorite color but the one I use the most so I never seem to have enough. I've missed a few days and you've got things popping all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great reds, Debby! I especially like the streaky blender between the apples and the dark red on white dots. It has the potential to really set off a design. I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all great red fabrics. I really like the one with the gold stars and the XOXO fabrics, especially with Valentine's Day around the corner.

    I think we need to give you a new title of the "Quilt Whisperer" Debby. LOL Just give those gorgeous quilts of yours in that closet a pat every once in awhile so they still know they are loved. I can't imagine how many you must have and how big that closet must be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing your quilt with the Reds. My favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful reds , can't wait too what you create .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them all and am waiting patiently to see what you create from them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. take them out and pet them once in a while and those quilts will be happy. Beautiful reds and patterns too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All them are just beautiful and can´t wait to see what do you do with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Star quilts are a favorite and expecially love yours on black with bright stars. I want to do the sashing like that on my next quilt. Thanks for being so generous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for both your patterns! And do blow kisses to your quilts for me. I would hate for them not to feel the love!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com