Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Galaxy of Stars: April Block

Today is April 1 and I'm not fooling! I have the 4th block today in our Block of the Month for Galaxy of Stars. Our block today is Grandma's Star. It uses a template that you can easily cut out using either the Tri-Recs Tool by Darlene Zimmerman or the Creative Grids ruler by Karen Montgomery called the Perfect Rectangle. If you have my Arrowheads Template Set, this will also work.

Grandma's Star: April 2015 Block of the Month 
Five sets of Four Patch units complete the block. The two page pdf has cutting and piecing information along with FULL SIZE TEMPLATES if you do not have the Tri-Recs or other tools. Why not check your sewing room? I bet many of you have these; you just never used them for anything, right?

My Arrowheads Ruler set of two ($20) is # 5-6
Creative Grids Perfect Rectangle ($18.50 retail):


And the Tri-Recs set of two (the half rectangle template on the right will work with Grandma's Star):

 Here is the link to the two page pdf for Grandma's Star

See you next month for our 5th block! Happy quilting.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the new block. I have to make some other starts with those points, so maybe I'll have a marathon of Peaky and Spike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question about April Galaxy of Stars block:

    Are we supposed to trim our four patch blocks so that they fit with the point blocks? Or did I do something wrong when paper piecing my point blocks? Please clarify, anyone. Thanks, Amy ODonnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com