Sunshine Butterflies

I designed a butterflies pattern for Cut Loose Press using Jean Ann Wright's 6" Curvy Log Cabin ruler. My little quilt uses browns, which don't inspire me in the midst of the color riot in Spring.

Sunshine Butterflies. 47" x 47"
A Wisconsin quilt shop, Quilting Divas Sewing Boutique, sent me their finished quilt that they are featuring during their shop hop in June. Isn't this just the cheeriest?

Sunshine Butterflies by Quilting Divas
The Wisconsin State Shop Hop is in June, so those of you who live there are in for a treat. Here is the info for the Quilting Divas:

Quilting Divas Sewing Boutique LLC
445 Cardinal Ln Ste 108
Green Bay WI 54313
920-434-9980
quiltingdivassew@gmail.com

You can order the pattern from me, but you MUST have the 6" ruler for the pattern to make sense. It was designed and created using that ruler. Three of the blocks make one butterfly (the head and antennae are appliqued to a plain square). So, each butterfly is 12".

You can also check with your local quilt shop for this pattern. It retails for $3.99!

Comments

  1. Absolutely great use of the log cabins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your brown butterflies - unassuming little fellows, flitting among their bright cousins. =) This is a really wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Debby,
    This is a fun use of the log cabin block. The idea of using brown is good, perhaps it is just this particular fabric that "uninspires" you. I am visualizing prints, marbles, batiks, etc., in browns with other tones. There are dozens of butterflies categorized as brown and many are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com