What It's Like to Be a Block Star

Started working on the 2017 Block a Day calendar last week. Yes, we work almost 2 years ahead. And my head? Nothing's left in there after doing these calendars since 2006. Here's this year's cover:
My Block a Day Calendar with Andrews McMeel Publisher

Now, did you know that I have ANOTHER calendar with another publisher? Yes, I created the Quilter's Block a Day Calendar for Martingale (That Patchwork Place) back in 2007. It is perpetual, which means it works for any year since it's not tied to days (ie, Sunday, Monday). The calendar above is based on each year.

So, what is the block for today in THIS calendar?

Quilter's Block a Day Calendar
Today is April 6 and the block is Double Cross. It is the 12" size in the desktop calendar.

12" Double Cross block
And what do four of these blocks look like together?

Four Double Cross Blocks together (24" x 24")
And, guess what? My annual block a day calendar publisher (Andrews McMeel, the LARGEST calendar publisher in the world) proposed and we put together another calendar for 2016! It is a wall calendar with a quilt block image (no pattern) for each day. Want to see the cover?
2016 Wall Calendar of Quilt Blocks
I guess you could call me a Block Star. I'm too old to be a Rock Star! And I guess that if the blocks were counted that I've designed thousands. Many are just new renditions of traditional blocks, which are my absolute favorites.

Once I get my supply of 2016 calendars in late summer, I'll have a giveaway. In the meantime, you can see ALL the blocks in my Martingale perpetual calendar here:

Quilter's Block a Day Calendar of 366 Blocks


Comments

  1. Hi, Debby,
    Good news about your new calendars! I found the perpetual block-a-day in a bookstore long before I found you at the Expo. It provides inspiration and guidance, and occasionally I use my high-school math to resize a block for a particular project. We do have a use for Algebra after all! We are never too old to do what we really want to do. Every rule has a workaround somewhere! Thanks for the fun! (janeherbst at roadrunner dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're a block star vs a rock star. I don't listen to rock music anymore so your music would just die in my dusty attic. However, a block star.... now I can see and use your fame every day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debby, this year I have both of your calendars! I keep one in my kitchen and one in my sewing room. I enjoy seeing 2 new blocks each day. Thank you for being a Block Star! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun for you! And win-win all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you must be super organized...I can't think a day ahead! so a calendar year wow.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You totally are a block star !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love those four together! I don't know how you come up with them year after year. I know there are a lot of blocks out there, but still. I'll look for that 2016 version when it comes out! The perpetual is a great one, and mine is packed away somewhere. I'll need to look for it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com