Monday, July 27, 2015

Free Basket Block from my 2016 Wall Calendar

This block appears in the July pages of my upcoming 2016 wall calendar of blocks. It's another LOVE block and I call it "Love Basket."

Love Basket
 Here are the cutting and template directions:

Love Basket templates and cutting directions
This block (and the original quilt from the 2006 Block a Day Calendar) was inspired by this antique quilt:
Antique Love Basket quilt
Isn't this a magnificent quilt?! I have no idea who owns it. This appeared about 20 years ago in Country Quilts Magazine (where I was an editor).

I made this quilt in a smaller version and it appeared in Quilt Magazine several years ago and then again in my 2014 Wall Calendar of quilts.

Antique Baskets Quilt: 9" blocks, 38" x 38"
And here is another variation I made using a Windham Fabrics Collection called "Garden Walk." Somehow the quilt got lost and ended up not coming home to stay with me. Oh, well.

Garden Walk Quilt using the Antique Baskets block
I know that my calendar is being shipped to shops all over the country. I hope you can find it for yourself or a special friend.

3 comments:

  1. A timeless design for sure. Love that "green" Joan in GA

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite calendar. I have made at least one if not more quilts every Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never met a basket I didn't like, and this one I love. Thanks so much for the template/pattern! I can see this in scraps from my civil war fabrics, and in modern batiks, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com