Monday, August 10, 2015

Two Small Scrap Buster Patterns

We all have them - SCRAPS! Small and large. Often there are little leftover groups from one collection, so your scraps actually match! I have just added two patterns at my Craftsy site that are good scrap busters.

The first one I call: Skinny Runner. I had a very small set of charm squares that I used with some 1-3/4" paper hexagons. Then I arranged them in groups of four and set them into an asymmetrical assembly. I used leftovers from an earlier quilt for the background (squeezed the life out of it, btw).

English Paper Pieced hexies
Skinny Table Runner: 14-1/2" x 48"
The second pattern is for Modern Log Cabin Potholders. They really are scrap busters! Small bits or scraps from a coordinated collection work perfectly. The patterns are foundation paper pieced and all four patterns are included full-size with detailed instructions and diagrams. You can see each of the four potholders on the Craftsy page. You just print and stitch.

Modern Log Cabin Potholders: 7-1/2" x 8" and 7-1/2" x 8-1/2"
Go check them out. I'm on a mission to offer more Scrap Buster patterns. Some will be free; some will not. I have to pay the rent, of course!

3 comments:

  1. These are both wonderful, but I have lots of hexagon papers, so I may have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "falling" leaves! The sashing give the center a great optical design!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com