Two New Patterns from Cut Loose Press

There's a new Creative Grids ruler out (actually, two of them) created by my talented friend Jean Ann Wright. Rulers are available at her web site: Jean Ann Quilts. They make a Square in a Square block without precise piecing. The trimming is all done with the ruler. You can see a demo at CG's Facebook page)

I made two quilts to go with the rulers. Here they are. They debuted today and are available ONLY in your local quilt shop (even I don't sell them). This uses the 8" ruler for 8" blocks.

Rulers can be seen and ordered here: Jean Ann Quilts. You can see all her other Creative Grids rulers there, too.

Sunflower Trails - 42" x 42"
I first made four blocks using a green, but I didn't have enough contrast. What do you think?

Four Snail's Trail blocks
And then my second quilt makes a 6" block. I called this Lots o' Dots:

Lots 'o Dots
These are taking a trip to Houston for the International Quilt Market in a few weeks. They are so excited! They are looking forward to being Block Stars! Probably won't want to go back up in the closet when they get home. I should probably let Jean Ann hold onto them and let her take them on the road for awhile.

This ruler works magic for those who don't or can't get a precise 1/4" seam. You just cut your patches a little large, sew and then TRIM! The ruler does the rest!

Comments

  1. I actually like the green one. Nothing wrong with the higher contrast either, but there's something about blue and green together that always makes me happy. Thanks for the heads up on the new rulers, too. Since I don't care for paper-piecing, these could save me time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com