Friday, November 27, 2015

Black Friday Shopping - FREE Scrap Buster Pattern

I never go shopping on Black Friday. That is NEVER. EVER. I'm not going! I'm enjoying the day off without the stress. Now, I could ask you to go buy one of my patterns on Craftsy, but instead I'm GIVING AWAY one of my SCRAP BUSTER patterns.

In fact, the leftovers from this quilt are used for a second quilt. So, don't discard them. Save them for the 2nd pattern I'll share in a week or so.

What is the pattern? Rocky Road to Kansas was published in 1999 for Quilt Magazine. It truly is a Scrap Buster! Strips and strings and little scraps. What do you think?

Rocky Road to Kansas: 80" x 80"
The blocks are 12". Set on point they are 17". There are 12 blocks in this quilt. You can make it any size. Stop when you run out of scraps (like in 500 years?)

Paper templates are included, but if you have a kaleidoscope ruler, then you will be able to cut these even easier. Everything is string pieced onto 6-1/2" square pieces of newsprint.

What is the quilt made with the leftovers? Block size: 13-1/2" finished. Quilt size: 55-1/2" x 72".

Scrappy Stars - see you next week or so
Aren't these fun? Just think: you can now make a serious dent in your scrap pile!

So, head on over to my Craftsy shop for your FREE Rocky Road to Kansas Quilt.

14 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for the pattern. It's a beautiful string quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debby! Love both quilts.

    Sandy A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm experiencing that never-ending-always-expanding-no-matter-how-much-I-use-them scrap problem myself! Maybe this will help. I have a new phone book to use. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a good way to use up scraps, thinking I need the ruler as PFP seems beyond me, so confusing I cannot get my head around it. Maybe a Christmas present from my girls is on order

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the pattern! Looking forward to the next one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much. I have turned down a few quilt patterns in the past because there was so much waste, but I love that you have provided a solution for that with another gorgeous quilt pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! This is so nice of you!!
    Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these quilts are gorgeous. thanks so much for sharing the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Debby for the free quilt pattern....This is the type of quilt I love to make....scraps from everything I have already made....and to get a bonus quilt...my heart is pitter patting....And I too no longer go out on Black Friday...I am now the grandma who holds the little ones while keeping watch on the older kids as they make sweet rolls and hot cocos for breakfast....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you and have a nice Thanksgiving holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you soooo much for sharing this Pattern!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you!!! I love playing with strings!! I have some from years gone by - made me feel like I was making my own free fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com