Thursday, November 5, 2015

Cookie Cutter Hearts Quilt Finished!

Remember this quilt? And how I used the basic heart pattern to create a smaller, brighter one using a collection of Benartex batiks?

Hearts on Fire quilt
I shared a tutorial on a Technique Tuesday blog post a few months ago. You can get the pattern and see the steps here: Valentine Hearts on Fire Quilt

Here is the quilt before the borders and quilting:

Cookie Cutter Hearts
And here she is when I was quilting it on my Handi Quilter Sweet 16:

Quilting my Cookie Cutter Hearts quilt
With 5" finished borders, binding and out in the sunshine:

Cookie Cutter Hearts FINISHED!
The pattern for the larger quilt (as shown at the top) is FREE in case you missed it. Now it's on my Craftsy pattern site: Hearts on Fire.

Fewer blocks and 5-1/2" x 10-12" borders on the sides and 5-1/2" x 15-1/2" borders on the top and bottom, this finishes to 30" x 40", small enough for a baby or toddler.

4 comments:

  1. Love it. Going to get the pattern NOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like this pattern, Debby, both the original (downloaded in Feb2015) and the new cookie cutter version. It's still on my "someday" list. Thanks for sharing again! (janeherbst at roadrunner dot com).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous baby quilt. Those colors would really attract even a new born because they are so deep. Thanks so much for the reminder about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really been in to heart quilts this year, so this one really caught my attention. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com