Sunday, January 31, 2016

2016 Calendar Girls: February's Warm Welcome Home

Here is our second project in my 2016 Calendar Girls Quilt of the Month!

Block a Day Calendar
Read the details about why you need a copy of the calendar in order to participate HERE.

February's project uses TWO blocks from the calendar and a bonus block (the star). I call it Warm Welcome Home.
Warm Welcome Home
The Little House Block appears on February 27 and the Tree Block on the 12th. I added the stars for a simple, folk art quilt easy to make. And I give the option of paper piecing the trees and houses! (The calendar has easy rotary cutting directions).

I used this little house block with a Paula Nadelstern set of fabrics about 10 years ago. Kind of makes your eyes cross, doesn't it?
Four little houses in tropical colors

And here's the Warm Welcome Home quilt submitted by a quilt shop:


Can you see the gorillas and other jungle creatures in those patches?!!
Here are the two blocks from the calendar:
Little House Block 
Lone Pine Tree
The link below will take you to my FREE Craftsy pages where you can download the pattern. This is the only way I will offer this. And as was true with the 2015 Galaxy of Stars BOM, I request that you DO NOT make copies for your friends. Ask them to get it from these links. The ONLY exception I make is for those people who DO NOT have access to a printer or internet. Thanks for understanding.

Here is the link for the Warm Welcome Home quilt pattern with attached newsletter.

And you can see ALL of the 366 blocks in the calendar here: Block a Day Calendar

See you next month (March) for our next Calendar Girls quilt.

6 comments:

  1. This is so simple and cute, my style exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. many thanks Debby, found tree okay but it is feb 16 not 12 on my calendar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the whole quilt combination! It's perfect for my plan to make baby quilts and today is chilly, gray and raining, so the perfect quilt to work on for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Calendar girls feb. Got my house fix. Thx marie trichka can we post pics?
    Mtrichka at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just now came across this and am in love this "Calendar Girls" idea! Sadly, I just moved and my copy of Block-a-Day Calendar is in storage (along with ALL my sewing supplies) :( I AM going to follow along just the same :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com