Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Calendar Girls: January's Prairie Flower

2016 Calendar Girls Program

Welcome to the first of 12 projects in my 2016 Calendar Girls Monthly Program. I can't call it a Block of the Month because these are not only blocks, but whole quilts! The first one features the Prairie Flower from my Quilter's Block a Day Calendar by Martingale.

Block a Day Calendar - not tied to any year
This is FREE to anyone with the calendar. Why do you have to have the calendar? Because I structured it so quilt shops could sell the calendar! This was designed in 2008 as an exclusive quilt shop program. It was to drive traffic into shops for a Calendar Girls monthly group. That was the only way you could get the pattern for the quilt. The calendar has the cutting instructions for the block and you now can get the pattern for the quilt AND a helpful newsletter specific to the type of construction for that particular block.

Here is the Prairie Flower Block:
Prairie Flower Block - January 6
And my own Prairie Flower Quilt:


Prairie Flower
Prairie Flower from a participating quilt shop
Prairie Flower digital version
The link below will take you to my FREE Craftsy pages where you can download the pattern. This is the only way I will offer this. And as was true with the 2015 Galaxy of Stars BOM, I request that you DO NOT make copies for your friends. Ask them to get it from these links. The ONLY exception I make is for those people who DO NOT have access to a printer or internet. Thanks for understanding.

Here is the link for the Prairie Flower quilt pattern with attached newsletter.

And you can see ALL of the 366 blocks in the calendar here: Block a Day Calendar

See you next month (February) for our next Calendar Girls quilt.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Debby! I have downloaded it, and I think this would make a great baby quilt. This year, I'm all about baby quilts to donate. I'm thinking of different ways I could use this pattern in the coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Debbie have downloaded it and hope to make start in a couple of days after my daughter`s cat goes back home, do not want it covered in cat hairs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to pester Debbie but have read through the details and at the end you say we can access block a day calender bocks by Size at www.quilterbydesign.com/Block-a-Day-Size.pdf, I cannot seem to be able to find this info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie...I'm having the same problem. Your instructions lead one to believe that a purchase of the calendar is not necessary, but I can't seem to resolve the problem. If I need to buy the calendar, I will....just need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Nanette. Your email comes through with no way for me to reply, so I'm hoping this works for you. My patterns do not give cutting instructions, though you can probably figure out many of them by the size and some of the helpful hints in the newsletters. By all means, you certainly can play along without the calendar, though a few months will find some applique, etc that is only possible with the calendar. The link to see all the blocks and the sizes in the calendar is: http://www.quilterbydesign.com/cdindex/A_Blocks.html

    There are no cutting directions, though. I certainly don't want to frustrate anyone! Hope this helps. Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com