Thursday, January 21, 2016

Candy Stripes Log Cabin Free Pattern!

I never get tired of seeing one of my creations in print. And that goes for this off center log cabin design that appears in the March/April issue of McCall's Quilting.

March/April 2016 issue of McCall's Quilting
I also do not get tired of Log Cabin blocks! Here are a few I shared last year, which are part of this quilt:
Off Center Log Cabin blocks
And here's my quilt. She's so happy to get in print! But I didn't name her Pixie Sticks. I named her Candy Stripes Logs. But, hey, when they write a check, they get naming rights!

Pixie Sticks: 42" x 50" - Machine quilted by Connie Gallant
And how does she look in a flat shot? Can you see my scrappy binding?


Now for the FREE pattern. You can find it at the McCall's web site and in a larger size (58" x 75")

The direct link: Pixie Sticks quilt

8 comments:

  1. Neat. Stay warm and enjoy some extra quilting time this weekend. I'm hoping power doesn't go on us so I can keep sewing away. Well, that and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debby, gorgeous quilt, it makes me think of "Spring" and I love your scrappy binding.
    Connie :)
    P.S. thanks for the sweet e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I will save it. I am so wrapped up in these cold stunned sea turtle and trying to keep them alive, I have no extra time. Pray for these little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pixie Sticks? Really? Your title is much more descriptive. Pixie Sticks wrappers look more like barber poles! I do love log cabin designs, thanks for the link! BTW, my Prairie Flower baby quilt just needs borders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful no matter what the name is! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a beautiful quilt. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com