Friday, February 12, 2016

Adinkra 2016 BOM - February Block for Love

February is the month for love (Valentine's Day). The month to celebrate presidents (here in the USA). And also Black History Month. My Adinkra Quilt celebrates all of these. Here is our second block for 2016:

The second applique pattern is for Moon and Star - Osram Ne Nsoromma

Moon and Star - Symbol of Love

Symbol of love, faithfulness, and harmony
This reflects the harmony that exists in the bonding between a man and woman.

Let me show you this beautiful quilt made by Marian P. of Virginia. She used my Adinkra symbols in a unique and creative way, with the addition of embroidered pots. What do you think?

Adinkra Quilt by Marian P. of Virginia
I have about a dozen or more of these Adinkra symbols already cut out (was I REALLY going to make a 3rd quilt?) I think I will do something like what Marian did with the strippy horizontal rows. How clever!

In case you missed it, here is the first block : January's Block

Supply List for Scrappy Adinkra Quilt #1

4 comments:

  1. I am saving these and hope to get started in the fall and catch up. I am in the middle of a move and the fabrics I want to use is in storage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the pattern. I like these. I do like what Marion did, too. But embroidered pots? It looks like the animals are embroidered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovered your BOM (on the sidebar at Sharon's Vrooman's Quilts blog)and I have to do this one! I definitely know that this particular block will be added to a WISP that I already have in progress since it fits its theme. The original quilts are inspiring (think they're going to influence some future stash enhancement) and I'll look forward to the release of the blocks each month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com