Monday, February 29, 2016

Patches and Leaves: March Calendar Girls Project

Today is February 29 and that means it's a leap year! I've decided to reveal my March project one day early because tomorrow I am featured at the Benartex blog Sew in Love with Fabric. Enjoy!

Here is the third project in my 2016 Calendar Girls Quilt of the Month!

Block a Day Calendar
Read the details about why you need a copy of the calendar in order to participate HERE.

March's project uses rotary cut squares and simple applique leaves to create a lovely block on point:

 Patches and Leaves Quilt uses the block from March 21 in the calendar. It is a 12" finished block and the quilt finishes to 56" x 68"!

Patches and Leaves: 56" x 68"
Here is a smaller quilt made by a participating quilt shop several years ago:

Six block Patches and Leaves
And how about a table runner? I made this using only three blocks:

3 Block Patches and Leaves Table Runner
The link below will take you to my FREE Craftsy pages where you can download the pattern. This is the only way I will offer this. And as was true with the 2015 Galaxy of Stars BOM, I request that you DO NOT make copies for your friends. Ask them to get it from these links. The ONLY exception I make is for those people who DO NOT have access to a printer or internet. Thanks for understanding.

Here is the link for the Patches and Leaves quilt pattern with attached newsletter.

And you can see ALL of the 366 blocks in the calendar here: Block a Day Calendar

See you next month (April) for our next Calendar Girls quilt.

4 comments:

  1. many thanks Debby downloaded and will print it off later today, have to own up to only making the february blocks a few days ago but till made them in february!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debby, you are so refreshing and generous, not to mention a star of quilters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, good thing we have extra days this month! I will need them if I'm going to use this one in a baby quilt! I managed it with January and February, so I'll start taking small bites of this one soon, too. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com