Thursday, April 21, 2016

2016 Adinkra BOM: April Duafe

Adinkra 2016 BOM - April

April is here (and has been for 3 weeks!) In the middle of Spring and new blooms and flowers everywhere. Here is our fourth block for 2016:

The fourth applique pattern is for DUAFE - “wooden comb”

Symbol of beauty and cleanliness - desirable feminine qualities
The duafe was a prized possession of the Akan woman, used to comb and plait her hair.

DUAFE
Sorry this is short. I've been on the road most of the past 6 weeks, with a few surprises in there, too. I look forward to June when I can be home and work on my 2018 block a day calendar.

See you next month!

Supply List for Scrappy Adinkra Quilt #1

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all you share during your busy schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this one! I hope those surprises weren't bad ones. I'm looking forward to a new calendar! More block choices!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com