Thursday, April 14, 2016

More Hexagon Stars

And I keep rotary cutting and stitching with those Paula Nadelstern motifs. I have 6 stars which will be sewn into a ring and then I will put a fussy cut larger motif in the center. What's your super power?

Stars with fussy cut centers
 Here's the magical center. Paula Nadelstern has the super power, not me!

Fussy cut motif from the Fabracadabra Collection
Because I'm out of town and not near a sewing machine, I'm not able to stitch this together. But everything's ready and waiting at home. My dog can't figure out the sewing machine or it would be done by now!

I'll keep you posted. I'm sure you've noticed how enamored I have become with this fabric.

12 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see them put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to get some of those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to get some of those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took a workshop with Paula Nadelstern a few years ago. we spent 4 hours just drawing on paper ;then the rest of the day cutting and sewing a block. At the end of the day, I knew I was not going to do this again. I have lots of her fabric but now I have a good idea what to do with all.
    Love your designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of those fabrics. I would get a lot more done if my cat learned to sew too. LOL>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.netApril 15, 2016 at 2:57 PM

    Love your stars!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, since your first post, I've been looking at some modern fabrics differently - thinking of them in hexagons! That ziggy zaggy one you had in a flower is the one that inspired me to think about another one I saw, and before, I wouldn't have given it a second glance. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com