Thursday, June 30, 2016

2016 Adinkra BOM: June and July - corrected!

Many apologies for this delay. Sometimes life happens and distracts, doesn't it?

And then I got both blocks wrong (as I already published these). So, here are both June and July blocks anew! So, now you should have 7 blocks out of the 12 applique blocks.

The June block is BOA ME NA ME MMOA WO which means "helpp me and let me help you."

Boa Me Na Me Mmoa Wo
This is the symbol of cooperation and interdependence

The July block is GYE NYAME, which means "except for God"

Gye Nyame
This is a symbol of the supremacy of God. Extremely common in Ghana, this by far, is the most popular symbols for use in decoration. This reflects the deeply religious character of the Ghanaian people.

Remember, these are to be appliqued to a background square cut 10-1/2".

Here's looking at my first Adinkra Quilt before it was quilted. Can you see where these two blocks are?
Adinkra Quilt


9 comments:

  1. This is weird. I have the first pattern and had it numbered 5. So if it's 6, how did I get it, and where's 5? LOL But thank you anyway, however it works out. I do like this pattern and it's on my calendar to do next year, which I'm calling the year of applique. It's been 5 years I've been working on CQ and I'm giving applique a little sunlight next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to revisit my blocks and straighten this out. Obviously, I was too punchy from back to back trips (and driving hundreds of miles in 4 days) to pay attention. I think it was the new grandson born on Tuesday (one of the trips) that got me rattled. I will fix these today! Thanks for the alert. And I'll bring the pattern numbers up to date so you all have 7 of them!

      Delete
  2. I noticed the same as Susan. That we had both of these blocks already (Moon-Star was February).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to revisit my blocks and straighten this out. Obviously, I was too punchy from back to back trips (and driving hundreds of miles in 4 days) to pay attention. I think it was the new grandson born on Tuesday (one of the trips) that got me rattled. I will fix these today! Thanks for the alert. And I'll bring the pattern numbers up to date so you all have 7 of them!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I am going to revisit my blocks and straighten this out. Obviously, I was too punchy from back to back trips (and driving hundreds of miles in 4 days) to pay attention. I think it was the new grandson born on Tuesday (one of the trips) that got me rattled. I will fix these today! Thanks for the alert. And I'll bring the pattern numbers up to date so you all have 7 of them!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your new grandson! I have only 6 blocks at this time, but I have also had a patchy spring. I haven't even started this quilt yet, but I am so looking forward to it. A very personal project to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went to the top of the page ans saw the corrections-- Thanks so much!!

      Delete
  5. Thank you! These are wonderful blocks, too. I especially like the curviness of the second one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com