Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Cobblestones Quilt - Scrap Buster

I am revisiting a lot of my previously published quilts and I came upon my Cobblestones Quilt from the April/May 2006 issue of Quilt Magazine. This was at the height of my popular Kaffe Fassett Club classes that I taught in Atlanta at the Intown Quilters shop. It was a great way to incorporate so many different fabrics: stripes, florals, solids - I used them all!

The centers are 4-1/2" to 6-1/2" squares (accurate cutting is included in the pattern). The surrounding strips are 2-1/2" - can you say Jelly Roll?!!

Cobblestones Quilt
The blocks finish to 8" square. Can you see that there are two different blocks: a simple square in the center with either strips or triangles surrounding them?

The quilt is a wonderful lap size: 62" x 70"

Here's a clearer shot:


This was so beautifully quilted by Leslee Evans of Atlanta. She was a master quilter (she was an architect in her former life).

Check out the Cobblestones Quilt in my Craftsy shop. It's only $4.00 and I am itching to make it again with all my Kaffe Fassett fabrics just begging to jump in and be sewn.

4 comments:

  1. I'm off to a retreat today and I'm still trying to think of what I could make. I think this is it! I have all sorts of jelly rolls and charm packs. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute and would definitely be a great scrap buster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to jump into the scraps bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that pattern. It's a gorgeous quilt. Thanks for sharing and reminding us of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com