Friday, July 1, 2016

2016 Calendar Girls BOM: July Block

Can you believe that 2016 is half gone? How are you doing with these projects? Hope at least you're able to at least make the featured block for the month!

The July 1 block in the Quilter's Block a Day calendar is Old Glory Star and is 12". I remembered that I featured Old Glory Star last summer using the USA Collection by Windham fabrics. I super-sized it into an 18" block:

18" Old Glory Star
Let's see the banner . . .
Hey, Hey USA 3 block banner
You can have the patterns for these 3 blocks by going to the page I posted on July 3, 2015.

But our project for the July Calendar Girls BOM is a small wall quilt using the 12" Old Glory Star block as featured in the calendar.

12" Old Glory Star Block; 18" x 18" banner
I hope you have a relaxing and safe 4th of July weekend (for those who celebrate here in the USA). This block would be wonderful in just about any color combination, I think.

4 comments:

  1. many thanks for the latest block

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I can think of many uses for this block. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops! I made the star on the calendar without realizing that wouldn't fit with the rest of the block! LOL, now I have to do a different star.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have enjoyed making the blocks. Just wondering if you've discontinued the quilt along or will the August block be posted a bit late? Thanks for all you do!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com