Monday, September 26, 2016

Thinking Hexagons Today

I am presenting my trunk show tonight on hexies. I call it: Turning 60, The Joys of Hex. Let's see one of my oldie-goldie quilts using a half hexagon:

Half Hexagon Flower Pots
Then I made another one for Windham Fabrics. This appeared in my 2012 Wall Calendar of Quilts. You can find it (and 11 other patterns) for only $10.

Dancing Flower Pots. 10" Blocks; 55" x 55" quilt
And I used this half-hexagon pot shape for one other quilt. The flowers were fussy cut from a happy Lakehouse Fabrics fabric motif. Isn't this such a happy quilt?

Pots of Blooms
And in a FREE pattern on my Craftsy page: Trash Basket Batiks (made in 2002). I rummaged in the trash cans during a guild sew-in and grabbed all the discarded batik scraps. I got the last laugh with these fun blooms. Go get the FREE pattern: Trash Basket Batiks.

Trash Basket Batiks

I figure I probably have another one or two creations around here using the half-hexagon for a flower pot. But for now, I hope you enjoy seeing all 4 of what I found so far.

7 comments:

  1. That will be one fun show. Great quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such variety of hexies I am sure everyone will enjoy your trunk show

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Pots of Blooms. Such a happy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun quilts! I have that same Lakehouse flower print fabric and never thought about using the print as big potted flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great presentation that will be. Or was. I like your trash basket flowers, and it makes me feel better not to be the only one to harvest scraps from the trash. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com