Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Updated Double Wedding Ring featured in Modern by the Yard and FREE pattern

The new magazine is out today: Modern by the Yard (Benartex).

You can also preview it at the Sew in Love with Fabric blog site

You will find inspiration and updated traditional blocks for today's quilter. My feature is about an updated Double Wedding Ring (DWR).

DWR melon shapes ready to create something modern

No, I didn't sew these all together. What a lump and sewing challenge that would have been in that center!

Here's what I did create. A real modern twist on a traditional Double Wedding Ring (DWR).

Find this FREE pattern in the new eMagazine: Modern by the Yard
You may find that the link for the pdf containing the melon shape doesn't work. Just send me an email and I'll get that off to you: kratovil@his.com. Benartex is working to fix the glitch.

I hope you enjoy the other 4 patterns included, as well as the features on other quilters and a lot of eye candy for new fabric collections.

9 comments:

  1. thank you muchly! now I feel up to making a dwr! the link worked; reading the booklet was the problem. I tried reading it online, but kept pushing all the wrong buttons. so I downloaded the pdf and read it from there and then saved it to my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your update. It so fresh! Thanks for sharing!
    Sandy A

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your twist on the double wedding ring, have not heard of this magazine, will wait and see if we get it in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the beautiful DWR block, but I can't seem to find out how to download the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first picture of all the wedding rings stacked was very pretty--like flower petals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Nice. Another home run. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great quilty day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is so pretty...and I understand about the lump...but would that not make a great wall hanging?

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can't seem to get the link for the pdf to work, thanks so much for the free pattern
    s5821140@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of this new wedding ring. Those are great fabrics. It would have looked pretty neat to have them all together, too, some kind of machine applique maybe! Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com