Tuesday, December 6, 2016

December Block for Adinkra Quilt

Here is our last block in the 2016 Adinkra Block of the Month quilt. I hope you've enjoyed the ride.

This is WO NSA DA MU A: "If your hands are in the dish"
This is a symbol of democracy and pluralism. "If your hands are in the dish, people do not eat everything and leave you nothing."

Wo Nsa Da Mu A
I will not be offering a block of the month for 2017. I will be offering occasional patterns and tutorials as it fits in with my busy schedule. A lot of work and I've enjoyed it. I've only heard from a small handful of you as to your interest and progress (out of at least 900 followers on this theme). But if you finish your quilt top and even the quilt itself, I'd love to see a picture and celebrate with you!

If you've not already done it, sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any of my tutorials or free patterns. I don't keep track of you (honest - I just don't have the time for those details) and would NEVER, EVER pass on your name to a 3rd party!

See you in 2017!

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for all of these patterns Debby. I am a couple of blocks behind, and don't think I will be able to get the quilt finished this year, but hopefully early next year, I will be able to share the finish with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been enjoying the quilt immensely and hope to get the alternating blocks finished this month, too. The finishing will be in January, but this one is getting finished! I have the label set with all the mini photos templates, names, and the meanings as this is truly a lovely story quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings, I too thank you for posting this BOM. I now know so much more about the Adinkra symbols & have longing to do something like this. I am doing this as a QAYG and promise to share as soon as I add this last block. Again thank you & happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Debbie! I am several blocks behind because this one is very special and I like to have nothing else on my mind when I work on it.
    I'm sorry there are so many of us who haven't let you know how much we appreciate what you have done for us.

    Best wishes for the new year.
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've enjoyed reading your blog all this year and look forward to seeing more of your "ideas" in the next. It's been a busy year for us here in GA, hectic to say the least.
    Wishing you and your family a blessed holiday and a Happy New Year.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the blocks for this wonderful quilt. I hope to finish it in the new year. Holidays and illness have gotten me behind. Have a wonderful new year.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Debby. This has been an interesting BOM to follow. I have saved the patterns and will likely make it before too long. I appreciate the work that went into the quilt blocks, designing, and posting monthly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear that. Was looking forward to a BOM for this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog, Debby. This African quilt is interesting for the view of another culture, not just because is it lovely. And today's block is so timely. Thanks for all your sharing.
    Neame

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://i.pinimg.com/736x/6b/a9/48/6ba9480e54df95f1bb6a391b9065f005.jpg my quilt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for all of these--very different! So much fun, hope to finish these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much for these. My fabric is still unavailable but as soon as I am unpacked I want to do this one. I was born in Africa and love the feel of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com