More of Those Hexagon Blocks from Katja's Calendar

Do you have yours yet?
Yes, I'm back with some more blocks from Katja's calendar. I absolutely love working with hexagons and all things based on the 60 degree angle. This next block combines two units I have used for over 20 years in various projects. My Seven Sisters quilts (pattern on Craftsy; click the link) use one of those:

My Seven Sisters quilt
Can you see the units? I think it's easier when you see one of the stars. First, the parts:

Diamonds and triangles
For a lovely star:
Seven of these make up the Seven Sisters quilt
Now let's see the January 17 block from Katja's calendar done in Kaffe Fasset fabrics:

Three of those diamond/two triangle units
I started out with a different fabric for those 3 half-hexagons and I really didn't like it:

It's always good to audition your fabrics before you sew all the seams!
And I made another one using that beautiful Sgrafito Collection by Benartex:

January 17 block in the Sgrafito Collection
Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

  1. your work is just so inticing..... jthank you so much for sharing
    shoshana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for showing us different options. The right fabric makes a big difference to how a block or quilt is perceived.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so afraid to work with Hexies again, but oh, how this one in the Sgrafito collection catches my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all three of those blocks, each one has different appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Evening Debby! Each one of these examples are truly beautiful! I am especially drawn to the last one which from my computers screen is depicting 3 varieties of greys. It really rather startles me because bright spring colors are usually what I choose. I still have not had the opportunity to make any. Several unexpected personal mishaps (like the fridge stopped working for one). So hopefully during this week! Have a spectacular week and thank you so much for sharing these fabulous blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com