Quiltmaker's 1,000 Blocks: Week 2

My winner of the Quilter's Block a Day Calendar is Brenda A. of Oregon. Thanks to everyone who participated. Now let's see some other awesome blocks!

Like I said last week, I have been in this awesome magazine 4 times. Quiltmaker compiled 10 of the magazines for the 1,000 Blocks (very heavy) book. Last week I shared the first block (EZ Mariner's Compass). This week I want to share Flower Burst, which appeared in Volume 5 of Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks.

Let's see the cover:
Quiltmaker 100 Blocks cover, Volume 5
And the block I made for this is called Flower Burst. I made it with a Benartex collection called Arianna.
Flowerburst Block: 12" finished
And here's a 5 block quilt I made using my Flower Burst pattern. I love this quilt! But why only 5 blocks? I ran out of fabric and had to get creative.
Flowerburst Quilt
You can get more info about the Quiltmaker's 1,000 Blocks book by visiting their web site. Click on that link. See you next week with my 3rd block!

Comments

  1. Hello Debbie! I am so excited to be the winner of the Quilters Block a Day Calendar!! Ideas of patterns and fabrics keep floating around and then when I start talking out loud to myself, my husband starts laughing at me and saying things like "You have not even gotten it yet!" But, I took the time and showed him some of Patricia's and he really liked quite a few of them. But also shook his head and said , "Are you planning on doing this?" I shrugged my shoulders and we both laughed!

    I adore the fabric for this Flower block. The varieties of pinks and browns are so gorgeous together! It is a combination that would never have occurred to me. Plus, I am not much of a pink person to begin with but I know I am going to try this fabric combination now that I have seen yours. Thank you so much once again for sharing all of your special talents! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com