Halloween's a Comin' and FREE patterns

Let's revisit a few of my past Halloween posts. I pulled out my Halloween quilts the other day and put them up around my house. I've always considered this "holiday" a minor one. I am the parent of 3 daughters who went to public school where the celebrations far eclipsed those of Christmas and Hanukkah! So, we did costumes, trick or treat, and classroom parties.

Through the years I made Halloween quilts (and had them published). Let's see a few!

I made this quilt about 20 years ago using a fabric ($1 a yard) from Walmart. You can see the print in the second pic. I stacked 9-1/2" squares
Spinning Pinwheels using a cheap Walmart print


Then there's Quilts in the Pumpkin Patch. You can buy the pattern for this 8" pumpkin block by clicking that link.
Quilts in the Pumpkin Patch
Then there's Trick or Treat Mice, which appears in my 2nd book: Supersize 'Em Quilts.

Trick or Treat Mice, with a 30" center block!
How about some bats? I made this a few years ago in a blog hop. I have this hanging in my kitchen. What? I have bats flying around my food? They're nice bats (and are only looking for some yummy bugs to eat).

Bat wreath (and look at those scary spiders!)
How about some pjs for my grandsons? While they're not quilts, they are cute!

PJs for grandsons
 And I even sewed a few pillow cases.

Pillow case #1

Pillow case #2
And some paper pieced blocks for a small mini. You know; I just now realize that I don't have this quilt. I wonder where it is?

Kitty in the Pumpkin Patch
How about a Black Cat?

Black Cat applique
Are you still with me? Do I have more? Of course, I do! Here is the quilt I bring out every year and hang it in my kitchen. It's my Halloween Boo! Quilt, published almost 20 years ago in Quilt Magazine. I was the lucky winner of a group of blocks in a guild raffle. I turned them into houses. You can find this pattern (with all full size templates) at my Craftsy Pattern Store.

Halloween Boo Quilt
And one last quilt, made last year with the Spooktacular Collection by Benartex. I gifted this to one of my grandsons. I especially like the center block of bottled Hellfire! You can read the post here:

Spooktacular Quilt with the bottled Hellfire block in the center
Hope you enjoyed the show! Now, get sewing; Halloween is next week!



Comments

  1. Hi Debby,
    I am not a huge fan of Halloween but I do love that pumpkin block you shared. That is something I would really like to make. Thank you so much for sharing the block specifics. I'm going to PIN that for later - you know, on the to-do list for next year since Halloween is only a week away now. Of course, it is fitting for Thanksgiving too. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying seeing your collection of Halloween creations.. especially the pumpkins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finish full size Pinwheel quilt top but this method makes them look totally different. Off to "She Shed" to try your method. sounds and looks great. Thx again Debby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite a collection of Halloween quilts! I only have one so far, but I'm sure I'll have a collection before too long. You are very generous to share so many patterns. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stack n whack and love the Walmart print! Hope it holds up for you. I also love the pillowcase 1 fabric, where did you find that?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com