"Owl Be There" Quilt Finish

I started this quilt in 2012 with a sweet collection by Benartex. You can read about my technique here: Owls Are the Bomb! I made two of these blocks.

18" square with Owl Be There hexagons
I used a method I've since abandoned (but it worked for me in this project).

I cut out large hexagons of fussy cut owls in a tree. Then I turned the edges under as I would if I was English Paper Piecing. Then interfaced the center and machine appliqued the whole thing onto a large red square.

Machine appliqued hexagons with red background trimmed
I finally quilted this lovely quilt the other day. It is just one of the sweetest quilts I own. Can't wait to show it to my little granddaughter (3-1/2) this week. What do you think?

Quilt from the back with those owls in the tree on a black background.

Quilt from the back
 And here's the quilt on my sunny deck.

Owl Be There quilt
I have to give a shout out to the three vendors who made this possible: Benartex (fabrics), Warm and Natural (batting) and HandiQuilter (for the Sweet 16 sit down machine).

It always feels good to finish a quilt, even if it took more than 5 years!

Comments

  1. Not a big fan of Halloween, but this sure is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Debby; I adore your quilt! Somehow, owls and roosters have become my favorite characters on fabrics. I can understand how a quilt gets left undone for five years and reappears when its rightful owner is in the time frame. This is a fantastic quilt and she will love it! Thank you for sharing it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com