Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Where the Wild Things Are - FREE Pattern

This page has now been edited to correct the link for the "Where the Wild Things Are" pattern.
Scroll down to the bottom of that page (on the P and B site), and click on the picture of the quilt. It will then ask you where you want to download the pattern to on your computer. Something's wrong on the P and B website.

Here is the new link (it's on my own server): Where the Wild Things Are

Also, the templates for the Mug Rugs made with the International Coffee Collection by Windham has now been added. See link below.

Thanks for your patience!

I have used this "tilt" technique with several quilts over the past 20 years. A few of them have appeared in my books and published in magazines. Here is the cast:

This appeared in my first book (Bold, Black and Beautiful, AQS 2004). I used one of the triangles of the Tri-Recs tool set.
Tilted Squares Kids' Quilt
Here are a few of the individual squares from some upcoming kids' charity quilts I'm making:
Tilt blocks using a wild animal print from Benartex

And a block using the Gardening Collection by Windham
And there's Dancing Pears from my Cookie Cutter series:
Dancing Pears Quilt
And how about the new pattern for Windham I designed using the International Coffee Collection? The pattern for these is also FREE! The link for the full size templates is available here:
Coffee Mugs Templates

International Coffee Mug Rugs
And here is the FREE pattern, created with the P and B Textiles Wild Things Collection. I sewed this a few months ago and wrote the pattern. It is now available on their site. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see the link to the pattern.

Where the Wild Things Are
These fabrics are really fun and the quilt goes together so quickly. You simply let the fabric do all the work!

8 comments:

  1. Never did get a chance to catch up in Fred. 🙄 I stayed on the run most of the time and of course in the booth. Hope it went well. (I’m sure your students loved it). Are you coming to MN? If not, maybe in ATL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I scrolled to the bottom of the page and where your quilt is featured. There is no active link for the pattern. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second question of the morning, I downloaded the pattern for the Mug Rugs. It mentions a template provided for the triangles that border the coffee cup motifs. Is there supposed to be a full size template? The download contains no full size template only mini pictures for cutting the the triangles to get the correct tilt for the different mug mats. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I want the pattern and templates for the mug rug pattern also. Please advise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloggers. I am out of town teaching and can't do anything about my errors here. I've asked P & B Textiles to make the link work. And will get Windham to fix the cups pattern template. Sorry! Thanks for your understanding. I'm home Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU, for fixing the mug rugs templates.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com