Hearts: Love is in the Air!

I have a lot of scraps (really?!!). I took some of my fabulous Kaffe Fassett scraps and my OLD simple heart pattern and cut out 45 hearts. I first fused paper backed webbing to the wrong side before cutting out. Now what to do?

45 hearts ready for a quilt
Have you seen some of my REALLY old patterns using hearts? Let me show you! This first quilt was the result of trying to hand appliqué those hearts from Keepsake Quilting catalog. I could NOT do it. Then I machine appliqued them to a background hexagon and the rest is history. There are NO y-seams in this, btw. This was published in early 2002 in QUILT Magazine.

Black and Bright Hearts Quilt: 37" x 38"
This next quilt appeared in my first book, Bold, Black and Beautiful Quilts (AQS 2004). More hearts from that Keepsake pack of hearts. And I got so bold as to use ORANGE as my background fabric. What's with that?!

Dancing Hearts: 32" x 42" (8" blocks)

Now for a ring of hearts that my dear friend Jan Jolly made for my second book, Supersize 'Em Quilts (Martingale, 2009):

Jeweled Crazy Hearts: 42" x 42"
So, what do you think? Aren't these happy quilts? I have more heart quilts, but I thought I'd share these three because they are giving me ideas for using those 45 hearts at the top of the page.

Now to figure out a good background color. I'll be back in a few days with some more heart inspired quilts as we begin to think about Valentine's Day.

Comments

  1. Gorgeous! These quilts are so bright and eye-catching. My fav is #3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! All three are wonderful quilts! Great patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com