Calling All Paper Piecers!

My best selling CD, Building Blocks and Borders, was first published in 2003. I created 40 different blocks for foundation paper piecing and then I made them in 4 sizes each: 3", 4", 5" and 6". That means you can mix and match over 240 blocks to your heart's content! Now I offer this as a pdf pattern on Craftsy: Building Blocks and Borders. And I haven't changed the price in 15 years - it still is only $13.00!

Building Blocks and Borders
These blocks have been used in my own quilts. Here is Slashed Hearts from 2007, which was published in Quilt Magazine so many years ago! This is one of several patterns on the CD which includes the reverse (mirror image) of the pattern. Don't you just love that rick rack?

Slashed Hearts using the 6" paper pieced heart
Can we see some of the other blocks?

20 of the 40 blocks in my Craftsy pattern: Building Blocks and Borders
 And here are the second set of 20 blocks:


I have a Shark's Teeth quilt using larger blocks, but here is a set so you can see them up close:

Shark's Teeth blocks
 And my larger Shark's Teeth Quilt which is a great Scrap Buster project!

Shark's Teeth using larger, 10" blocks
And using some older fabrics:
Shark's Teeth
And one more block:
Shark's Teeth
I've made Dancing Squares many times, too. This is perfect for fussy cutting the centers!

Dancing Squares blocks tilt both left and right
And one more is Velvet Stars, which is perfect as a Scrap Buster quilt!

Velvet Stars (in a larger block)
I'll share some other quilts that I have made with these blocks in coming weeks. If you love to paper piece and want to print your own patterns without tracing or going to a copy shop, then this pattern set is for YOU! Everything is accurate for view and print.

Go check out my Building Blocks and Borders pattern with 40 blocks in 4 sizes each! This is perfect for making your own Row by Row quilt, too!

Comments