Quilt Twins Week: Day Two

Just a set of two quilts today. True twins, each representing a specific December holiday. You've seen the first quilt before. It's my Hanukkah Star Fish quilt. First, the Star Fish blocks (which are paper pieced).

Paper Pieced Star Fish units

I used some Michael Miller Hanukkah fabrics for these (along with some Fairy Frost). Here's the back of one of sixteen paper pieced units. You can read the blog post from last year here: Festive Star Fish.

I wanted to make those blocks again, but this time in Christmas fabrics. I printed and cut out my foundations. I pre-cut my fabrics and labeled them. Ready to go! That little chicken pin cushion is for Quality Control.
Star Fish parts ready to go!

And here is where I went with it. Only 4 units this time. I decided to set it on point with those pieced setting triangles. No hocus-pocus there - just a little trick to preparing the triangles.

Christmas Star Fish quilt


Check out the pattern in my Etsy store. I haven't added the specifics for setting the single block on point, but I'm working on that part this week. Not hard, just need another hour or so. If you buy the pattern, I will be sure you will get this update once it's ready.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com