Monday, March 16, 2015

Tree Bird Hop, Day 2 - Happy Birds

This is Day Two of the Tree Bird Hop. I'm so glad to participate (my day is March 23) and I am sharing one of my own bird projects each day as I also share the list of daily bloggers.

Today I want to share with you a lovely little block you've seen before - and the pattern is FREE! This is my Blue Bird of Happiness and I use it when I teach my free motion quilting classes.

Blue Bird of Happiness
I designed this a few years ago for another blog hop. Simple applique to feature a new fabric collection by Windham. It has a 9" center for the bird and the outer strips are 2", finishing to 1-1/2". So, if you do the math right, it's a 12" block! (You didn't have to do the math; I did it for you.)

You can have this Blue Bird of Happiness free pattern by clicking the link. But, I hope that you'll first go visit our Day 2 bloggers to see how they've interpreted this Tree Bird challenge.

Come back tomorrow for another one of my bird quilts and a new list of fabulous ideas from the Day 3 Bloggers.

 
Monday, March 16

3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing your pattern to the blue bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Bluebird is very nice. Thanks for sharing him with us....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com