Orange Peel

1930s prints for a Lafayette Orange Peel quilt
Doing research into the historical Orange Peel patterns and remembered this little quilt I made in 2003. Since gone to live with some little girl, I think.

This basic petal shape can become so many blocks: Joseph's Coat, Pumpkin Seed, Petal. It's the shape of my EZ Double Wedding Ring two-template acrylic set.


Playing with petal shapes
Now back to my research. Just had to add some eye candy to my blog today. I've been traveling for 6 weeks and it's good to be home for more than 3 days at a time. Sewing machine and stash - here I come!

Comments

  1. Welcome home....great to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice quilt and thanks for reminding me I bought the Joseph`s coat rulers will have to have a look at how to do it. I expect you are enjoying sleeping in your own bed, nothing quite like being at home surrounded by all your stitching is there

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are home again. I know I always sleep best in my own bed! That Orange Peel is so different looking done in those colors and fabrics, and placement of same. Thanks for sharing that new-to-me point of view on this pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com