Holiday Love Doves FREE pattern

Here's a post from 2014 that I think is worth revisiting. I have a lot of new blog followers who may never have seen this quick and easy Christmas tree ornament.

Quick sewing 8 dove ornaments with Audrey
"Hi, mom. Can you help me? I need 8 dove ornaments for a Christmas exchange next week."

Oh, sure. I'll put my magician hat on and wave my magic wand and voila! - 8 quick ornaments.

Lucky for me I had a Santa sack of various crafts sitting in my hall closet (honest) that I had pulled out last week looking for something. In there is my trusty Dove Ornament pattern. And I even had a sample ornament to remind me of what they look like.

I did the fusing. Audrey did the cutting out. I quick stitched the gold thread on the outside. I was shocked to see I still had some gold cording. We found that 10" lengths worked best.

Here is a single ornament front and back:

Holiday Dove: 4" x 5"
 Use pretty fabric on the back, too.

Holiday Dove, reverse
You can get the FREE PATTERN at my Craftsy store. It's a one page pdf that also includes a simple heart shape. All you need are scraps of pretty fabric, bits of fusible webbing and batting. Everything is sandwiched, fused and then stitched. I use freezer paper as my template material.

This will only be available through December. Then I will remove it from my Craftsy store until next year.

Holiday Love and Dove Pattern

Comments

  1. How very kind of you. I keep repeating "kinder - gentler"and these fit those words and you. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cute! Thank you so much Debby. I think these would be awesome to put onto packages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Debby; These adorable Doves that you sharing with us today are fabulous! I like Joyce's idea of putting them on packages, I have two ideas for the ones that I intend to make one is to decorate a wreath with them and the other is to embroider names on them for place settings at the Christmas Table. Plus, adding them to the Christmas tree! I have to buy a refill printer package today before I can get started with these! Thank you so much for sharing these fabulous Doves! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com