What's in My Garden? Day 1

Yes, I have a garden, but I have to be honest. The real garden is tended by my husband! I like to garden with my fabrics. I was thinking of some of my quilts with a garden theme, and the first one to come up is Audrey's Garden. Audrey is my oldest daughter and she saw this quilt in process and immediately claimed it - so I gave it her name! I used the Gardening Collection by Windham Fabrics.

Audrey's Garden Quilt: 40" x 40". 8" blocks

I was asked to design something with these fabrics so it could be kitted with my pattern and the fabrics for Keepsake Quilting catalog in early 2016. I also made some pillows. Here are a few of the blocks (2 appliquéd and one paper pieced).

3 blocks from Audrey's Garden Quilt

Here's one of the pillows. Simple design with a flange (the floppy border). This did not appear in the catalog because it was made with a different collection - Mimosa. It was my prototype.

Watering Can Pillow: 17" x 17"

And one more Watering Can Pillow using Mimosa.

Watering Can Pillow in orange

And, finally! The pillow using the Gardening fabrics:

Watering Can Pillow in greens and orange

All appliqué was done via sewing machine, my favorite method! I still have some scraps of these fun fabrics. I especially love that green border print. And some of that carrots print, too. I think my granddaughter (Audrey's daughter) will have fun with this!

Main Gardening fabric print

See you again with more inspiration from my garden.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com