Free Pattern Monday

I always like looking back on the dozens of projects I designed for various fabric companies. I realize that I inevitably use traditional patterns to feature those newly released collections. I combined a simple 9 Patch with a Rail Fence and then put them on point. I let the fabric do all the work!

This was made for Blank Quilting in 2008. I created 3 different colorways in their Chantal collection. Click the links and you will go to the free pattern.

Chantal in aqua: 57" x 57"

And the second colorway:

Chantal in black multi: 57" x 57"

And one more in mauve:

Chantal in mauve: 57" x 57"

I made two more quilts using this collection. They appear in my books. The first one was in my Supersize 'Em Quilts book (2009, Martingale). The blocks are 20" and the quilt is 46" x 46"

Diana's Rose Garden

And the next one appeared in my last book, Paper Piecing Perfect points (2013, Martingale). This quilt is NOT for the beginner! There's a lot of paper piecing and several y-seams going on there! This pattern is available in my Etsy shop. And you can see several variations of the pattern in other quilts.

Diamonds and Blooms

So, check out the FREE pattern for the simple 9 Patch and Rail Fence Chantal Quilt. It will be perfect for that scrap stash you have, too!

Comments