Quilt Twins Week: Day Four

Today I share quadruplets of quilts (that's 4, in case you're wondering!). I've shared one or two of these before but now you get to see all four at once!

This is a Mariner's Compass variation I designed about 2008. This is simple to execute, especially since I give precutting of the fabric patches so that there is minimal waste and ease of construction. It was first published in Quiltmaker Magazine 100 Blocks 2012. It's a 12" block for the magazine. I've since upsized it to an18" block.



Here is the 12" block as I turned it into a small coaster/table topper/wall quilt. I decided to ditch the center circle and use triangles at the base of each of the 4 Mariner's Compass units. I actually still have fabrics to make one more of these blocks (larger), cut out, foundation patterns ready and eager to go!

Divided Diamonds

I upsized it to 18" and made it using a Michael Miller batik collection last year. I quilted it in the Spring. You can see some of the steps in this blog post here.

Divided Diamonds in an 18" block. Quilt Size: 27" x 27"

I made it in some orange and green fabrics in 2008. Wanna see? I finally quilted it in 2018 (who's in a hurry?) I donated it to a local children's charity.

Divided Diamonds in some sassy orange, blue and yellow fabrics

And for the fourth quilt in the same pattern, here is one done in Kaffe Fassett Lille prints. Somewhat vintage (no longer current). Just the floral is KF; the others were pulled from other blenders.

Divided Diamonds #4

Thanks for stopping by today.

Comments