Thursday, March 2, 2017

Moon Flower Quilt Revealed

Moon Flower fabrics by Kanvas for Benartex
This is the week to reveal how our blocks were put together. I hope you've enjoyed seeing all three of our quilts and our processes. Make sure you visit the Sew in Love with Fabric blog today for the reveal of all 3 quilts.

Cutting and sewing 12 blocks and putting them together into a quilt top on a deadline is pretty intense (even though I've done it dozens of times in my magazine editor days). This was no exception! I've come down to the last two borders and I got a quick pic of it on my deck this afternoon. Let's see the individual blocks again:

Stephanie's Block #1
 Here's Lisa's block in Moon Flower fabrics:
Lisa's Block #2
And, finally, my block:
Debby's Block #3
Here they are, 4 of each block, in my quilt assembly. 2-1/2" strips for sashing with 2-1/2" corner squares. I cut my borders at 5-1/2" and had to piece them. Because the print is "busy", you can't see the seam.
Moon Flower Quilt with 5-1/2" borders (last two unsewn)
Head on over to the Sew in Love with Fabric web site to see how I assembled the 12 blocks with the sashings and corner stone squares.

I'm not sure how I'm going to quilt this, even though I have a Handi Quilter Sweet 16 machine. This is larger than most items I quilt. I need to walk away from this for a week or so so I can plan how I'm going to quilt it. I will let the fabrics tell me what they prefer!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Debby! The fabrics you chose for this quilt are gorgeous and look fabulous with pattern. Have fun while making the decisions. I also wanted to inform you that I was on Windham's project site yesterday and discovered some more of your spectacular quilting patterns. Thank you so much for sharing your brilliant designing skills! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think these are beautiful fabrics and look wonderful together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com