Moon Flower Quilt Revealed

Moon Flower fabrics by Kanvas for Benartex
This is the week to reveal how our blocks were put together. I hope you've enjoyed seeing all three of our quilts and our processes. Make sure you visit the Sew in Love with Fabric blog today for the reveal of all 3 quilts.

Cutting and sewing 12 blocks and putting them together into a quilt top on a deadline is pretty intense (even though I've done it dozens of times in my magazine editor days). This was no exception! I've come down to the last two borders and I got a quick pic of it on my deck this afternoon. Let's see the individual blocks again:

Stephanie's Block #1
 Here's Lisa's block in Moon Flower fabrics:
Lisa's Block #2
And, finally, my block:
Debby's Block #3
Here they are, 4 of each block, in my quilt assembly. 2-1/2" strips for sashing with 2-1/2" corner squares. I cut my borders at 5-1/2" and had to piece them. Because the print is "busy", you can't see the seam.
Moon Flower Quilt with 5-1/2" borders (last two unsewn)
Head on over to the Sew in Love with Fabric web site to see how I assembled the 12 blocks with the sashings and corner stone squares.

I'm not sure how I'm going to quilt this, even though I have a Handi Quilter Sweet 16 machine. This is larger than most items I quilt. I need to walk away from this for a week or so so I can plan how I'm going to quilt it. I will let the fabrics tell me what they prefer!

Comments

  1. Hello Debby! The fabrics you chose for this quilt are gorgeous and look fabulous with pattern. Have fun while making the decisions. I also wanted to inform you that I was on Windham's project site yesterday and discovered some more of your spectacular quilting patterns. Thank you so much for sharing your brilliant designing skills! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think these are beautiful fabrics and look wonderful together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com